December Updates from arrangeMY
Posted On 16th/Dec/2020 By Sophie
Coronavirus Update – Safe Travel in 2021
The highly anticipated arrival of the Coronavirus Vaccine has certainly brought on a metaphorical sigh of relief for travellers, giving the National an overwhelming sense of hope for improvements into 2021. Whilst the new vaccine is fantastic news for the future of Business Travel, it is important for everyone involved in the industry to remain as vigilant as ever with their safety protocols whilst we navigate out of the pandemic. arrangeMY are delighted to remain committed to the safety of our clients, keeping fully updated with all the important steps our suppliers are taking in the fight against the virus. Some of the latest updates from suppliers include:
- E-Tickets for Rail Travel – Taking steps to make all rail tickets electronic instead of physical tickets on departure have significantly reduced the amount of physical contact with ticketing machines and minimizes the need to handle tickets.
- NCP ParkPass – A brand new initiative from NCP will see the creation of the NCP ParkPass. A single use, NCP ParkPass Card will eliminate the need to push for paper tickets, again reducing the amount of contact with machines.
- Serviced Apartments – The rise of Serviced Apartments through Coronavirus has been monumental, mainly due to the increased confidence in guest safety. arrangeMY are proud to have strengthened our offering of Serviced Apartments with the introduction of our specialized Serviced Apartment Sourcing Department. Learn more about the success of Serviced Apartments in our latest blog;
- Testing Advice & Support – Over the past few months, arrangeMY have formed fantastic relationships with many Coronavirus Testing Supplier, who are able to provide fast and accurate tests prior to travel. With some Countries requiring proof of a negative test before arrival, it is imperative to use the right company to get your tests completed at the right price. arrangeMY can provide full support with testing providers and have live information on entry requirements ahead of your next trip.
Prepare for Brexit Changes
With everything going on throughout the world in 2020, Brexit has somewhat been overshadowed yet is approaching quickly, with some major changes due to begin from 1st January 2021. Although the details are changing on a daily basis, it is important for both individuals and businesses to prepare for the complexity of new regulations from the New Year. arrangeMY remain on hand to support businesses as we exit the transition period. Whether it be changes to driving regulations, travel requirements, VISA applications or documentation, our expert Travel Team remain completely up-to-date with the latest UK Government Travel advise. Keep an eye out for regular communication from arrangeMY on the latest advice, however please do get in touch if you are unsure of any Travel Requirements for your next trip and we can guide you through exactly what you will need to be compliant.
Learn more about the full Brexit requirements here – www.gov.uk/tourism-2021
Race for Space – Meetings are Back!
A huge positive Business Travel came in October when the UK Government announced the safe resumption of meetings and events. Initially, guidance in October stated that business meetings could continue for up to 30 guests at a time, however this has since progressed for up to 4,000 in certain areas of the Country. As a result of the Winter Plan, large events, including business events, may run at the following capacities, allowing businesses to meet in a fully COVID secure environment:
- Tier 1 – Will be 50% capacity or 4,000 outdoors and 1,000 indoors, whichever is lower.
- Tier 2 – Will be 50% capacity or 2,000 outdoors and 1,000 indoors, whichever is lower.
- Tier 3 – Will be 30 guests in total only.
Many venues have taken careful steps to become ‘Covid-Secure’ meaning delegates can rest assured they can mix safely with others at business meetings, all whilst following social distancing protocols. Early indications show that venues are beginning to get fully booked from September 2021 already, with many planned events being rescheduled for the not-so-distant future. It is highly advisable to take advantage of the flexible policies in place with venues at the moment and discuss your event requirements for the New Year with our Venue Sourcing Team now to avoid disappointment.
Leisure Travel with arrangeMY Escape
Although we are seeing daily improvements to leisure travel and all indicators are pointing to a full return in 2021, there are still some incredible deals to be had when booking your holiday in advance for next few years ahead. Our award-winning, independent Travel Agency, arrangeMY Escape, currently have some fantastic offers in place for your next holiday which are way too good to miss out on. There will certainly never be a cheaper time to book your next holiday, so why not take advantage of the deals available? What’s more, arrangeMY clients can enjoy exclusive discounts through arrangeMY Escape, giving even more discounts to the already amazing offering.
Check out our latest offers here – https://www.arrangemyescape.com/
Considering Dubai for Your Next Trip
One of the most popular destinations for business travel at present is Dubai. With the travel corridor to Dubai remaining open and no quarantine restrictions in place, there is no better time than now to look at Dubai for your next business trip. Being one of the safest locations for COVID, travellers can meet and stay in confidence with massive incentives to visit at the moment. Such incentives include lower market rates for travel and accommodation, an ever-growing business presence and world leading events on show such as The Expo 2020 Dubai UAE which attracts millions to the Country each year. Besides, who needs any more excuses to enjoy some hot weather after the year we have had?!
Returning to Work
It’s no secret that 2020 has been the year of ‘working from home’. Having spent the year on virtual calls, it is evident that there is no substitute for face-to-face contact. This year has however presented us the opportunity to think about meetings differently, with many businesses leaving behind the traditional office space and turning to remote meeting space for their meetings. arrangeMY have a wealth of experience in Venue Sourcing and work closely with a wide array of suppliers, from hotel meeting rooms to sports stadiums. Whether it be meeting with your team, external customers or potential new clients, venues provide fully flexible meeting space which is an excellent solution to returning to your office – all with ‘Covid-Secure’ accreditations to keep health and safety as a priority.
If you are looking for assistance with for an upcoming business or leisure trip, or would like to speak with arrangeMY about your travel requirements as a business, please do feel free to get in touch. There is no better time than now to use a Travel Management Company to oversee your requirements, taking the hassle, stress and time out of your bookings whilst saving you money. Let us guide you out the pandemic and back to business travel, with flexible solutions taking you exactly where you need to go.